Coronavirus or commonly known as COVID-19 Virus, is the new scare in town. With increasing cases of the deadly infection, it is the need of the hour to bring light on the fact about preventive measures and general awareness of corona virus. It has been announced as a pandemic and we must take care of ourselves in this time of medical crisis. Due to the increasing cases and trending articles all over the web, it is scaring many people around the globe. Especially the pregnant women, who are more prone to infections than others are facing moments of stress.
Introducing Corona Virus
Let us start with the basic understanding of the corona virus. Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause sickness ranging from the common cold to more severe respiratory diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Symptoms of Corona Virus
It is an infectious lethal condition. Therefore, knowing the symptoms is a very vital part of the awareness.
- Shortness of breath
- Infections of the respiratory tract
- Kidney failure in severe conditions
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome
The symptoms are the same for pregnant and non-pregnant women. If you are facing any of the signs, it need not be COVID-19. However, it is advised to get an immediate checkup in order to prevent doubt.
Managing Pregnancy in times of this Corona Virus pandemic
We already know pregnant women are prone to infections. However, the coronavirus does not pose extra threat to the mothers bearing child. Nevertheless, it is wise to take extra care because you are carryinlg your little one. There is no report as of now that corona virus could affect your unborn child.
Who are more susceptible to the virus?
Be it pregnant or not, few individuals who are at risk of catching the virus.
- Those who are staying near the affected areas
- Individuals with a weak immune system
- Those who have respiratory problems like asthma, a lung or heart condition
- Aged people
- Pregnant women, because they experience a change in their physiological process
- Frequently washing your hands is the best way to keep away from infections
- Always cover your mouth while you sneeze or cough and wash them later
- Keep your surroundings clean
- Avoid going to highly crowded places
- Stay at a distance from flu affected people
- Avoid mutual use of utensils
- Show the doctor if you get cough and cold
- Stay at home if your are sick
- Cover your face with a mask when you go out
It is very important to take note of the following preventions. Your safety is in your hands.